THE FUTURE OF SURFING IS HERE. OPJ SAN SEBASTIAN KICKS OFF, EUROPE’S BRIGHTEST COLLIDE IN BASQUE COUNTRY
The Future of Surfing is Here. Young surfers from different parts of the Globe have emerged from obscurity…from virtual unknowns to stars, dominating contests and videos worldwide. All through the Oakley Pro Junior Series. But the Iberian Peninsula and Western Europe are still looking for “the next big thing” to steal the global spotlight. Who will step up at Oakley Pro Junior – San Sebastian?
Global Oakley Surf Stars: Raised Through OPJ. Some of Oakley’s brightest surf team riders have honed their skills, ‘learned the ropes,’ and have made their name from their past performances at Oakley Pro Junior
- Kolohe Andino – Out of the North American Region: Expected to be the next big thing in many aspects of the industry. He’s absolutely killing it in pro contests as well as junior contests. Already a star, “Brother” is on his way to the very top, and has grown through OPJ.
- Kai Barger – Out of Hawaii: Kai triumphed at the 2009 OPJ at Lowers (Trestles – California) – and is one of the most recognized pros in the industry today.
- Julian Wilson – Out of Australia: Julian honed his skills and raised his profile by ripping at OPJ Australia. He’s now one of the sport’s biggest stars and brightest personalities.
- Charlie Martin – Out of Guadalupe/France – Raised through the ranks at OPJ Lacanau – France.
- Jadson Andre – Out of Brazil – Jadson claimed 2nd at the 2009 OPJ Brazil stop and is now one of the most talented pros on Tour.
Which Young Star Will Emerge From Spain? Will a new, young European phenom step up to the plate and break out to worldwide prominence? Who will rise to the occasion to represent the region in challenging the World’s Best in Bali (Oakley Pro Junior)? Oakley Pro Junior – San Sebastian is poised to showcase Europe’s next big star.